From: Takumo on
Hi all!

Error:GenCode Export page says: "Refer to Appendix B for a complete
list of error codes". I have only 3 help-files in VO28SP3 (cavo28.chm,
vo28sdk.chm and win32sdk.chm). None of these files have any
Appendexies.
VO27 was shipped with vo27pg.pdf, where one can find at least Appendix
A, though Error:GenCode Export page in VO27 refers to Appendix B too.

I was able to find constants in Errordat.prg but it is not enough - no
subcodes, no descriptions. While some errors are easily reproduced and
I can give customers an explanatory text, I can't do this with others.

Does anybody have this Appendix B (or maybe vo28pg with it?) in any
readable format? O where can I find it (Grafxsoft site doesn't have or
show it)?

Regards,
From: Geoff Schaller on
Takumo,

It doesn't really exist in the form you are looking for. In essence, you
need to trap all errors and provide the better explanation to your users
yourself. Most VO folks have an error handler of their own that
processes the error, provides for some default handling and smoother
exits. Don't just rely on the default error handler.

Geoff

From: Stephen Quinn on
Takumo

You might also check out the Clipper docs for the error codes/decriptions,
they are for the most part a subset of the VO error codes (or should I say
they are VOs ancestors<g>).

CYA
Steve

From: Takumo on
On 8 ÜÐà, 06:39, "Stephen Quinn" <stevej...(a)bigpondSPAM.net.au> wrote:
> Takumo
>
> You might also check out the Clipper docs for the error codes/decriptions,
> they are for the most part a subset of the VO error codes (or should I say
> they are VOs ancestors<g>).
>
> CYA
> Steve

Geoff, Stephen, thank you for the answers. Definite and quite clear.
Geoff, this was right my itntention - to make some addition to the
default EH in Russian.
Most of my users are so-called "simple users", they do not know
English and they will not understand error message in English. This
was my intention - to translate descriptinos and show them to the
users in accordance with Gen and Sub error codes .
And if not...

IF !ListOfCodes
MySELF:=Headache(TRUE)
ENDIF

<g>

From: Takumo on
On 8 ÜÐà, 06:39, "Stephen Quinn" <stevej...(a)bigpondSPAM.net.au> wrote:
> Takumo
>
> You might also check out the Clipper docs for the error codes/decriptions,
> they are for the most part a subset of the VO error codes (or should I say
> they are VOs ancestors<g>).
>
> CYA
> Steve

As Stephen wrote, found an example with some Gen and Sub codes for
Clipper.
In Portuguese.
Now I need to learn Portuguese <g>.