From: DL on
On Feb 24, 6:52 am, Richard Cornford <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Feb 24, 11:00 am, rf wrote:
>
> > DL wrote:
>
> > > Browser IE8.
>
> >> Problem / Situation:
> >> Upon loading of a page for editing (this page has multiple
> >> JS scripts), user reported "get a rapidly vibrating error
> >> message"
>
> > I'd like to know what a vibrating error message is,
> > especially a rapid one.
>
> IE 8 lists all errors in one dialog (rather than having 'previous' and
> 'next' buttons like the earlier IE error dialogs). It might be that
> something like a short duration setInterval function is throwing an
> error each time it is executed and they are coming in so fast as to
> render the messages unreadable and giving a 'pulsating' effect to the
> dialog's presentation.
>
> And it will probably turn out that the reason only one user is seeing
> this is that they are the only user with their browser set-up to
> display the error dialog, and for the others the errors happen just as
> frequently, but are never shown.
>
> > And is it , er...  stimulating?
>
> For epileptic seizures, maybe.
>
> Richard.

Richard, thank you for the superb analysis, your answer is perfect in
both the code analysis (and I'll look into the "setInterval function"
or similar stuff) and the solution as I sort of expected. The reason,
I can't post the source code is that, it's has WAY TOO MANY JS SCRIPTs
for the page...

Don
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
RobG wrote:

> DL wrote:
> [...]
>> P.S. Sorry I have to post it twice
>
> Thrice, actually.
>
>> to make the post noticable for some jerk keeps on spamming the NG and
>> drown out my post or that of others.
>
> It is more likely that your post hasn't be answered because your issue
> has been described so vaguely that no one feels capable of a sensible
> answer. [...]

Or because he is stup^Wslow enough to think that his question -- which he
could have answered by himself had he cared to do any serious IE 8 testing
--, would be the most important in the world, not seeing that it is he who
is spamming the newsgroup (using a newsreader application or scripts for
Google Groups, the spam he is talking about can be filtered out easily
instead).

<FAQENTRY>
The possibility of questions going ignored because of multi-posting in one
or more newsgroups/forums or pointless/excessive crossposting does not
appear to be covered by the FAQ yet.
</FAQENTRY>

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before>
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking>

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)