From: DL on
Browser IE8.

Problem / Situation:
Upon loading of a page for editing (this page has multiple JS
scripts), user reported "get a rapidly vibrating error message" which
prevents him from editing while other IE8 users never have such a
problem.

What could be the culprit for this problem? User's IE security
setting? If so, details would be appreciated.

Thanks as always.

Don
P.S. Sorry I have to post it twice to make the post noticable for some
jerk keeps on spamming the NG and drown out my post or that of others.
From: David Mark on
DL wrote:
> Browser IE8.

Yes it is (sort of).

> Problem / Situation:
> Upon loading of a page for editing (this page has multiple JS
> scripts), user reported "get a rapidly vibrating error message" which
> prevents him from editing while other IE8 users never have such a
> problem.

What scripts? Where? Do you understand why nobody is answering your
"question?"

> What could be the culprit for this problem? User's IE security
> setting? If so, details would be appreciated.

The price of beans in Somalia is...

> Thanks as always.
>
> Don
> P.S. Sorry I have to post it twice to make the post noticable for some
> jerk keeps on spamming the NG and drown out my post or that of others.

Twice?! Some jerk keeps spamming the NG alright.
From: RobG on
On Feb 24, 1:06 pm, DL <tatata9...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> P.S. Sorry I have to post it twice

Thrice, actually.

> to make the post noticable for some
> jerk keeps on spamming the NG and drown out my post or that of others.

It is more likely that your post hasn't be answered because your issue
has been described so vaguely that no one feels capable of a sensible
answer.

FAQ: 1.4 Why was my post not answered?

--
Rob
From: rf on

"DL" <tatata9999(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Browser IE8.
>
> Problem / Situation:
> Upon loading of a page for editing (this page has multiple JS
> scripts), user reported "get a rapidly vibrating error message"

I'd like to know what a vibrating error message is, especially a rapid one.

And is it , er... stimulating?

From: Richard Cornford on
On Feb 24, 11:00 am, rf wrote:
> DL wrote:
>
> > Browser IE8.
>
>> Problem / Situation:
>> Upon loading of a page for editing (this page has multiple
>> JS scripts), user reported "get a rapidly vibrating error
>> message"
>
> I'd like to know what a vibrating error message is,
> especially a rapid one.

IE 8 lists all errors in one dialog (rather than having 'previous' and
'next' buttons like the earlier IE error dialogs). It might be that
something like a short duration setInterval function is throwing an
error each time it is executed and they are coming in so fast as to
render the messages unreadable and giving a 'pulsating' effect to the
dialog's presentation.

And it will probably turn out that the reason only one user is seeing
this is that they are the only user with their browser set-up to
display the error dialog, and for the others the errors happen just as
frequently, but are never shown.

> And is it , er... stimulating?

For epileptic seizures, maybe.

Richard.