From: Abhishek on
Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Cumulative Update KB957924

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb824e35-0403-45c4-9e41-459f0eb89e36&displaylang=en

anyone tried it?

From: Nobody on
"Abhishek" <me(a)server.com> wrote in message
> Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Cumulative Update KB957924
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb824e35-0403-45c4-9e41-459f0eb89e36&displaylang=en
>

> anyone tried it?

You need to apply it if the December 2008 was applied, see "List of fixes to
issues discovered in December 2008 Cumulative Update..." to see if these
issues affect you.

From: Rick Rothstein on
> Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Cumulative Update KB957924
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb824e35-0403-45c4-9e41-459f0eb89e36&displaylang=en
>
> anyone tried it?

No, I didn't even know it existed. I wonder it it applies to Windows 7 (that
OS is not listed in the System **Requirements**)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Bob Riemersma on
"Abhishek" <me(a)server.com> wrote in message
> Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Cumulative Update KB957924
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb824e35-0403-45c4-9e41-459f0eb89e36&displaylang=en
>

> anyone tried it?

A lot of people looked at this May 2009 reissue of the December 2008
"Cumulative Update." I know of bugs in both MSChart20.ocx and in
MSWinsck.ocx, and for all I know there are others.

This is not designed to be uninstalled, so test carefully before installing
it into any production system. The bad thing is these OCXs are normally
deployed globally by the average developer, so while they might work for
your application they could break every other application on that computer.
They are probably safest to test by creating isolated applications via
reg-free COM. That or test in a VM.

If anyone else has better information I'll be glad to hear it though. I'm
still waiting for Microsoft to take another stab at this.

Of course this update applies to Windows 7. None of these OCXs ship with
any version of Windows.

From: David Youngblood on
"Bob Riemersma" <nospam(a)nil.net> wrotel...
> "Abhishek" <me(a)server.com> wrote...
>> Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 Cumulative Update KB957924
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cb824e35-0403-45c4-9e41-459f0eb89e36&displaylang=en
>>

>> anyone tried it?
>
> A lot of people looked at this May 2009 reissue of the December 2008
> "Cumulative Update." I know of bugs in both MSChart20.ocx and in
> MSWinsck.ocx, and for all I know there are others.

Are they bugs that were *added* by this update, are bugs that existed and
not correted by this update?

David