From: Gil S on
I know it's possible to do such things as customize pushbutton text in
the MessageBox() function using windows hooks, but I'd like to find out
about modifying the box's client area icon in the same manner. One site
says it's indeed possible, but I can't find any C/C++-specific examples
online. Anyone know of any ideas or examples to get me started? (I'd
rather not get into MessageBoxIndirect() for this.) Thanks; Gil
From: greg on
Gil S wrote:
> I know it's possible to do such things as customize pushbutton text in
> the MessageBox() function using windows hooks, but I'd like to find out
> about modifying the box's client area icon in the same manner. One site
> says it's indeed possible, but I can't find any C/C++-specific examples
> online. Anyone know of any ideas or examples to get me started? (I'd
> rather not get into MessageBoxIndirect() for this.) Thanks; Gil

try microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui for advanced gui questions.
From: Charlie Gibbs on
In article <eoltk7$h5e$1(a)aioe.org>, greg(a)ilstit.com (greg) writes:

> Gil S wrote:
>
>> I know it's possible to do such things as customize pushbutton text
>> in the MessageBox() function using windows hooks, but I'd like to
>> find out about modifying the box's client area icon in the same
>> manner. One site says it's indeed possible, but I can't find any
>> C/C++-specific examples online. Anyone know of any ideas or examples
>> to get me started? (I'd rather not get into MessageBoxIndirect() for
>> this.) Thanks; Gil
>
> try microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui for advanced gui questions.

Here's another link you can try:

http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/CsMsgBoxTimeOut.asp

This describes code that adds all sorts of things to a message box
e.g. time-out with a displayed count-down, extra gadgets, etc.
I did some experimenting with this code to develop my own timed
message box (although since I only needed a timeout, the code at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181934 turned out to be enough
for my needs).

--
/~\ cgibbs(a)kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)

From: Gil S on
Charlie Gibbs wrote:

> Here's another link you can try:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/CsMsgBoxTimeOut.asp
>
> This describes code that adds all sorts of things to a message box
> e.g. time-out with a displayed count-down, extra gadgets, etc.
> I did some experimenting with this code to develop my own timed
> message box (although since I only needed a timeout, the code at
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181934 turned out to be enough
> for my needs).

I'll check out the MS link; thanks.

As for CodeProject, I've yet to download ANY source code Zips from there
that I can open (7-Zip, WinZip & command-line PKZIP all say those
archives are corrupt -- don't know why their Zips are always that way).

Gil
From: PJ Naughter on
On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 00:56:29 GMT, Gil S <gils672(a)noplace.com> wrote:

>I know it's possible to do such things as customize pushbutton text in
>the MessageBox() function using windows hooks, but I'd like to find out
>about modifying the box's client area icon in the same manner. One site
>says it's indeed possible, but I can't find any C/C++-specific examples
>online. Anyone know of any ideas or examples to get me started? (I'd
>rather not get into MessageBoxIndirect() for this.) Thanks; Gil

You might want to check out my MFC CMessageBoxX class at
http://www.naughter.com/messageboxx.html.

Regards,
PJ Naughter

Naughter Software