From: Raghav on
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how to get the Monitor ids in a multimonitor
environment?

Thanks in advance..

From: Sten Westerback (MVP SDK) on

"Raghav" <Raghavid1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody tell me how to get the Monitor ids in a multimonitor
> environment?

EnumDisplayMonitors() sounds like reasonable one to me based on my first
interpretion of your question.
Unless you are talking about Print Monitors, PnP devices or something
completely else.

You may also find the MonitorFrom* API's useful.

If you need more detailed information, ask more detailed question.

- Sten

From: Raghav on
Sten Westerback (MVP SDK) wrote:
> "Raghav" <Raghavid1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anybody tell me how to get the Monitor ids in a multimonitor
> > environment?
>
> EnumDisplayMonitors() sounds like reasonable one to me based on my first
> interpretion of your question.
> Unless you are talking about Print Monitors, PnP devices or something
> completely else.
>
> You may also find the MonitorFrom* API's useful.
>
> If you need more detailed information, ask more detailed question.
>
> - Sten

hi,

I am interested only in display monitors.
I would like to get the monitor ids which are consitent with the
way windows show it in the Display Property/ settings tab card.

I used EnumDisplayMonitors, it returns me the HMONITOR,
Is there any way by which i can use it to get the Monitor Id?

thanks in advance,

From: Sten Westerback (MVP SDK) on

> Sten Westerback (MVP SDK) wrote:
>> "Raghav" <Raghavid1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Can anybody tell me how to get the Monitor ids in a multimonitor
>> > environment?
>>
>> EnumDisplayMonitors() sounds like reasonable one to me based on my first
>> interpretion of your question.
>> Unless you are talking about Print Monitors, PnP devices or something
>> completely else.
>>
>> You may also find the MonitorFrom* API's useful.
>>
>> If you need more detailed information, ask more detailed question.
>>
>> - Sten
>
> hi,
>
> I am interested only in display monitors.
> I would like to get the monitor ids which are consitent with the
> way windows show it in the Display Property/ settings tab card.
>
> I used EnumDisplayMonitors, it returns me the HMONITOR,
> Is there any way by which i can use it to get the Monitor Id?

A few steps up the list in reference you find EnumDisplayDevices() which
sounds like what you want...

-Sten