From: Dogwoodnc on
In Word 2007, I'm trying to replace a toggleButton that has a MSO image with
a custom image. I've tried several things, with no success, including:
* Retaining the toggleButton idMSO identifier, but adding the image name to
the Ribbonx XML code (image="BearPaw")
* Recording a macro that does the original MSO function, and adding the
image and OnAction name to the XML
* Recording a macro that does the original MSO function, and adding the
image, the GetPressed, and OnAction elements
* Trying to modify the VBA code to include some Boolean references (as
described in the RibbonX for Dummies book)

In each case, I either get error messages ("wrong number of arguments" or
"macro disabled") OR the macro does not produce the desired results (i.e.,
it'll turn on but not off).

So, obviously, I'm still doing something wrong. Could someone provide a
sample code for replacing an existing MSO command with a customized
ToggleButton image? (Specifically, we want to use a custom image on the
ReviewTrackChanges toggleButton. Tracking On/Tracking Off. )

Thanks in advance.
From: Jay Freedman on
Start at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Images_Labels_Part1.htm and follow
Greg's path. When you get to
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Images_Labels_PartIV.htm he'll show you how
to do a toggle button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: Dogwoodnc on
Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, I had already read those articles before posting here; I've done
ok with "parts 1-3", but somehow am getting lost in "part 4". Not sure what
I'm doing wrong, nor any specific question to ask -- but I've experimented
for hours with systemmatically making minor adjustments to many different
lines of code, still to no avail. (PS I'm not a trained programmer, by ANY
means!) I get error messages that range from Type Mismatch to Incorrect
Number of Elements to others that I don't recall offhand -- with the bottom
line result that it still isn't working. I think I'm about ready to give up!
:)

Either it must be a fairly difficult solution, or I've just looked at it way
too long to see what I'm doing wrong. All I'm trying to do is replace the
default toggleButton image for Tracking (ReviewTrackChanges) with a custom
image, which can show either a pressed or non-pressed state. I've tried both
using the default Microsoft command (ReviewTrackChanges) and, alternatively,
a macro that imitates the command.

Obviously, this really isn't a crucial need -- our other 200+ custom
macros/icons/etc seem to be working well on the Ribbon now -- and we CAN use
the default image if we have to. We just like the one we've used for years
in pre-2007 versions of Word!

Any other ideas are appreciated!

THANKS again! (And thanks for other previous ideas that have helped with
the other elements; migrating to Word 2007 has been a tremendous learning
experience!)

dogwoodnc