From: Rich on
Hi All,

I am utilizing RIS deployment and it seemed to be working fine but I am
seeing an issue. This error is coming up on deployed clients:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10024
Date: 5/31/2006
Time: 8:21:19 AM
User: N/A
Computer: RGALLO5
The machine wide group policy Launch and Activation Limits security
descriptor is invalid. The security descriptor is defined as an invalid
Security Descriptor Definitions Language (SDDL) string. The requested action
was therefore not performed. Please contact your administrator to get the
security descriptor corrected in the Group Policy settings.

I have looked for days online and keep coming up empty handed. Has anyone
seen this on their deployments?? Following the advice of this error is
useless as the DCOM security descriptors are coming up fine in gpedit. ANY
help on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Rich