From: Sam NetAdmin on

--

Hello , I have a windows 2003 SP1 server running SQL 2000. I applied windows
update and restarted the Server. When the Server came up I got the followinf
DCOM Errors and CMO+ warning.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 11/21/2005
Time: 6:24:27 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ISWSSENT08
DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start the
service winmgmt with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 11/21/2005
Time: 6:24:27 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ISWSSENT08
DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start the
service SENS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (54)
Event ID: 4353
Date: 11/21/2005
Time: 6:24:27 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ISWSSENT08
The COM+ Event System attempted to fire the
EventObjectChange::ChangedSubscription event but received a bad return code.
HRESULT was 80040201.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID: 4356
Date: 11/21/2005
Time: 6:24:27 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ISWSSENT08
The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber
{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}. StandardCreateInstance returned
HRESULT 8007041F.

Also the Remote DeskTop did not start, I had to start the terminsl Service
Manually.

any Ideas What is the Cause and How Would I go about fixing these issues.
SQL appears to be responding to queries.

Thanks