From: bb202 on
cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve
this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will
show this message

Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no
floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to
boot straight to window.

The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom
drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected

Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1 //
drive 2- pata 0 /drive 3 - pata 1. Any idea where I have to change the
setting so that it will boot straight to windows, thanks
From: Paul on
bb202 wrote:
> cos I can ask Dell but must pay for their engineer come to my place to solve
> this problem. i have this Dell 5150 desktop and everytime I boot up it will
> show this message
>
> Floppy diskette seek failure, F1-to continue// F2- to set up. There is no
> floppy in the pc oly 1 sata hdd and 1 sata dvd rom drive. How can I get ti to
> boot straight to window.
>
> The Bios boot sequence: 1/ on board SATA hd drive 2/ on board or usb cd-rom
> drive 3/ on board ide hard disk (not detected) and others all not detected
>
> Under DRIVES - diskette drives // drive 0 - sata 0 // drive 1 - sata 1 //
> drive 2- pata 0 /drive 3 - pata 1. Any idea where I have to change the
> setting so that it will boot straight to windows, thanks

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/dim5150/en/om/WD846A02.pdf

On page 109 of the Dimension 5150 manual, it mentions

"Diskette Drive" [Off]

If the BIOS is attempting a seek on the (non-existent) floppy drive,
then disabling it in the BIOS may be a possible solution.

Now, if that didn't work, the motherboard does have a floppy connector,
and if you were desperate, you could always connect a floppy diskette
drive to the floppy drive connector. The floppy diskette drive would
also need its four pin power connector, to get power. There may be
the necessary power connector, on the end of one of the power supply
cables.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5150/en/sm/techov1.htm

Just a guess,
Paul
From: bb202 on
The diskette drive is set as "Internal' and change it to 'off'. Its boots up
straight to XP now. Many thanks for your advice