From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
How can I rid of these problems ( Trojans, Worms, Phishers, ect. ) it has
slown my computer down; it takes 3-4 minutes before I can start working, once
I'm on line it says: Done But with Errors On Page. Since my computer has been
sick, sorta speak.

INTELL: MODELL: LW1768A
AC: 100-240V
60150H2,1.3A

This is on the back of my computer

From: Twayne on
In news:a9202d47218ba(a)uwe,
Sweetie via WindowsKB.com <u59250(a)uwe> typed:
> How can I rid of these problems ( Trojans, Worms, Phishers,
> ect. ) it has slown my computer down;

Update then Run your Antivirus and spyware scanners. If you don't have
antivirus, get it. If you don't have at least three spyware scanners, get
them. If you don't have a firewall, get one.

it takes 3-4 minutes
> before I can start working,

That's quite a normal period of time. What are the names of the major
sofware packages & programs you use?
It's just background tasks loading up and then the ones that populate the
System Tray.

once I'm on line it says: Done
> But with Errors On Page. Since my computer has been sick,
> sorta speak.

That's normally an issue at the page you're connected to, and no problem at
your end. See if you can go to other pages and not get that message. Point
is, it's alsmost surely not caused by your computer; it's caused by an error
in a script on the page you have opened.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
Twayne wrote:
>> How can I rid of these problems ( Trojans, Worms, Phishers,
>> ect. ) it has slown my computer down;
>
>Update then Run your Antivirus and spyware scanners. If you don't have
>antivirus, get it. If you don't have at least three spyware scanners, get
>them. If you don't have a firewall, get one.
>

> it takes 3-4 minutes
>> before I can start working,
>
>That's quite a normal period of time. What are the names of the major
>sofware packages & programs you use?
>It's just background tasks loading up and then the ones that populate the
>System Tray.
>
> once I'm on line it says: Done
>> But with Errors On Page. Since my computer has been sick,
>> sorta speak.
>
>That's normally an issue at the page you're connected to, and no problem at
>your end. See if you can go to other pages and not get that message. Point
>is, it's alsmost surely not caused by your computer; it's caused by an error
>in a script on the page you have opened.
>
>HTH,
>
>Twayne`
>
>> INTELL: MODELL: LW1768A
>> AC: 100-240V
>> 60150H2,1.3A
>>
>> This is on the back of my computer

i have all 3
Norton Antivis 360
how's that? i was able to get online without a 3-4 time limit. this is quiet
normal???
this is on all pages. after getting online the first page has an " Error "
continues through out the net; turn it off & start up the next day the
prosess starts all over again.

From: Twayne on
In news:a9223d1f60f9e(a)uwe,
Sweetie via WindowsKB.com <u59250(a)uwe> typed:
> Twayne wrote:
>>> How can I rid of these problems ( Trojans, Worms,
>>> Phishers, ect. ) it has slown my computer down;
>>
>> Update then Run your Antivirus and spyware scanners. If
>> you don't have antivirus, get it. If you don't have at
>> least three spyware scanners, get them. If you don't have
>> a firewall, get one.
>>

>> it takes 3-4 minutes
>>> before I can start working,
>>
>> That's quite a normal period of time. What are the names
>> of the major sofware packages & programs you use?
>> It's just background tasks loading up and then the ones
>> that populate the System Tray.
>>
>> once I'm on line it says: Done
>>> But with Errors On Page. Since my computer has been sick,
>>> sorta speak.
>>
>> That's normally an issue at the page you're connected to,
>> and no problem at your end. See if you can go to other
>> pages and not get that message. Point is, it's alsmost
>> surely not caused by your computer; it's caused by an
>> error in a script on the page you have opened.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Twayne`
>>
>>> INTELL: MODELL: LW1768A
>>> AC: 100-240V
>>> 60150H2,1.3A
>>>
>>> This is on the back of my computer
>
> i have all 3
> Norton Antivis 360
> how's that? i was able to get online without a 3-4 time
> limit. this is quiet normal???

No, not if you mean for a web page to load. I thought you meant boot tiime
before you could use the computer and it's normal for that. Web pages should
start to draw quicker than that.

> this is on all pages. after getting online the first page
> has an " Error " continues through out the net; turn it off
> & start up the next day the prosess starts all over again.

Based on the 3-4 numbers, assuming you mean minutes to load a web page, I
then wouldn't doubt you are getting the message you mentioned. Over that
long a time, several things are going to time out on you.
You said the error happens on "all pages". Do you mean all pages of one
site? Or do you mean it happens on every page on every site you visit?
Post the exact text of that error message here; it might help a lot as
there are many messages it could be.

HTH,

Twayne`