From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
I had bought a Inspiron 530 with a DELL 19" Wide Flat Panel monitor. I
had connected it via digital cable and it worked perfectly fine.

Today it stopped working. When I boot my computer, it flashes
"entering power save mode". It works in analog mode fine.

I am unable to figure what the problem is. Any suggestions what has
gone wrong and what I can do to set it right. I hope it is not a
hardware failure.
From: Bob Villa on
On Jun 28, 12:55 pm, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...(a)live.com>
wrote:
> I had bought a Inspiron 530 with a DELL 19" Wide Flat Panel monitor. I
> had connected it via digital cable and it worked perfectly fine.
>
> Today it stopped working. When I boot my computer, it flashes
> "entering power save mode". It works in analog mode fine.
>
> I am unable to figure what the problem is. Any suggestions what has
> gone wrong and what I can do to set it right. I hope it is not a
> hardware failure.

I would 1st check for the most recent driver for your graphics chip or
card.
From: Christopher Muto on
n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
> I had bought a Inspiron 530 with a DELL 19" Wide Flat Panel monitor. I
> had connected it via digital cable and it worked perfectly fine.
>
> Today it stopped working. When I boot my computer, it flashes
> "entering power save mode". It works in analog mode fine.
>
> I am unable to figure what the problem is. Any suggestions what has
> gone wrong and what I can do to set it right. I hope it is not a
> hardware failure.

do you have both digital and analog cables connected to the monitor?
you can only use one or the other, not both.
is it a e193fp or e193fpb? is the power button solid amber, flashing
amber, or something else when it is in the non-working state?
From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
On Jun 28, 10:04 pm, Bob Villa <pheeh.z...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 12:55 pm, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...(a)live.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I had bought a Inspiron 530 with a DELL 19" Wide Flat Panel monitor. I
> > had connected it via digital cable and it worked perfectly fine.
>
> > Today it stopped working. When I boot my computer, it flashes
> > "entering power save mode". It works in analog mode fine.
>
> > I am unable to figure what the problem is. Any suggestions what has
> > gone wrong and what I can do to set it right. I hope it is not a
> > hardware failure.
>
> I would 1st check for the most recent driver for your graphics chip or
> card.

I see nothing on my monitor. How can I update driver?
From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
On Jun 28, 10:13 pm, Christopher Muto <m...(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:
>
> > I had bought a Inspiron 530 with a DELL 19" Wide Flat Panel monitor. I
> > had connected it via digital cable and it worked perfectly fine.
>
> > Today it stopped working. When I boot my computer, it flashes
> > "entering power save mode". It works in analog mode fine.
>
> > I am unable to figure what the problem is. Any suggestions what has
> > gone wrong and what I can do to set it right. I hope it is not a
> > hardware failure.
>
> do you have both digital and analog cables connected to the monitor?
> you can only use one or the other, not both.
> is it a e193fp or e193fpb?  is the power button solid amber, flashing
> amber, or something else when it is in the non-working state?

I have both the cables and when digital connection was not working I
removed the digital cable and used analog. Analog works but what not
digital. It was working in the morning and since then nothing has
changed.