From: Mike Dobony on
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 03:26:28 GMT, DougD wrote:

> In article <15ye4oov57fhe.1e2l1h0qan4ht$.dlg(a)40tude.net>, sword(a)notasarian-host.net wrote:
>
>>presets. I would have also purchased the ecm8000, but nobody had any
>>available until July 5 at the earliest. Nobody seems to have any in stock.
>
>>unless I can locate a measurement mic I could borrow,
>
> What part of the world are you in?..
>
> d.

Springfield, misery, er Missouri. If I get the time, at appropriate hours,
to call around I should be able to drum one up easily. However, I still
have quite a bit of higher priority work to do. I still have plumbing,
electrical, etc., repairs to do before Thursday night. EQing can be done
with the lapel mic and fine tuned by ear rather quickly and easily enough.
Before the next scheduled "standard" use (October) I will be acquiring the
ecm8000 for a more proper tuning.
From: gwatts on
Mike Dobony wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 03:26:28 GMT, DougD wrote:
>
>> In article <15ye4oov57fhe.1e2l1h0qan4ht$.dlg(a)40tude.net>, sword(a)notasarian-host.net wrote:
>>
>>> presets. I would have also purchased the ecm8000, but nobody had any
>>> available until July 5 at the earliest. Nobody seems to have any in stock.
>>> unless I can locate a measurement mic I could borrow,
>> What part of the world are you in?..
>>
>> d.
>
> Springfield, misery, er Missouri.

Hey, have you ever worked on the crew at SWMSU (I think..?)? I worked
for a sound company that came in there in late Feb/early March for a
country music radio station listener appreciation show, usually on a
Sunday afternoon. It's been a few years, though.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 02:08:09 GMT, Ron Capik wrote:

> Mike Dobony wrote:
>
>> < ...snip... >
>>>
>>> Thanks for the rational response.
>>>
>>> Mike D.
>>
>> PS additional benefit of software, backing up the setting to file. Will I
>> have to redo all my settings if I upgrade the firmware? If so, having a
>> profile on the computer will quickly get me back up and running.
>
> One can easily copy all the settings to your computer via the MIDI
> port. I've done it many times. I believe I'm using an Alesis SysEx
> program, same one I used with my QuadraVerb and my Wedge.
> I'm sure other SysEx up/down loaders are out there.
>

> Later...
>
> Ron Capik

I located one called MIDI-OP from a ham radio site. Will find out soon how
well it works. It should be in today and I hope to have some time tonight
to check it out. I have to put my mixer back into the box and put the
mounts in before Thursday. I also need to get my hands on the CD recorder
before Thursday morning to check it out. All I know about it is that it
has both RCA and 1/4" jacks.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:52:36 +0200, Marc Amsterdam wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:23:52 -0500, Mike Dobony
> <sword(a)notasarian-host.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:52:06 -0400, George's ProSound Company wrote:
>>
>>> Mike you will find the basic features of the DEQ extremely easy to grasp and
>>> the auto eq is not bad, you do not need software for that either but you
>>> will need a omni mic, preferably a flat response measurement mic like the
>>> behringer ecm8000
>>>
>>> George
>>
>>I already know that, but as with the sw for the 8042, making adjustments
>>from a laptop would be much easier and quicker, especially naming the
>>presets. I would have also purchased the ecm8000, but nobody had any
>>available until July 5 at the earliest. Nobody seems to have any in stock.
>>Since I am only using 2 mics, a lapel (Shure omni) for amplification and
>>recording and a choir mic for recording only (for audience response), I
>>will have to use the lapel for the RTA and make adjustments from there,
>>unless I can locate a measurement mic I could borrow, IF I have the time to
>>call around. I have a lot of maintenance to do before the conference.
>

> IF the lapel mic is the only one our gonna use,and an omni then it
> might be well worth a try as RTA mike,
>>
>>Thanks for the rational response.
>>
>>Mike D.

I figure that using it as my reference mic should eliminate the need for
eqing that channel. The record only choir mic (audience response)
shouldn't need much either. If I went the MP3 recorder route I could have
my entire sound system in the box! That comes later. I still need my own
amp first.
From: Mike Dobony on
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:24:45 -0400, gwatts wrote:

> Mike Dobony wrote:

>>> What part of the world are you in?..
>>>
>>> d.
>>
>> Springfield, misery, er Missouri.
>
> Hey, have you ever worked on the crew at SWMSU (I think..?)? I worked
> for a sound company that came in there in late Feb/early March for a
> country music radio station listener appreciation show, usually on a
> Sunday afternoon. It's been a few years, though.

nope and just moved here last year at the time of the ice storm. Mainly
concentrating on college right now and teaching personal safety. Just
helping out at the church with sound, maintenance, etc. The sound crew
here can mix and that is about all they have the experience/skill to do.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: "Earthworks Kickpad "anyone?
Next: Advice needed