From: aw on

How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
Ctrl-P.

Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
that have already placed control.

--
aw
From: tony on
On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
> Ctrl-P.
>
> Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
> that have already placed control.
>
> --
> aw

Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).

Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
else).

Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
the keystoke Ctrl+P.

Hope this helps.
From: david on
However, the menu shortcut keystrokes which take you to the
same place will still exist. We last tried this many years ago,
and at the time it was not possible to alternate access keys.

(david)

From: tony on
On 20 May, 08:23, "david" <da...(a)nospam.au> wrote:
> However, the menu shortcut keystrokes which take you to the
> same place will still exist. We last tried this many years ago,
> and at the time it was not possible to alternate access keys.
>
> (david)
>
> "tony" <tony.at...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> On 19 May, 05:04, aw <a...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I DISABLE the printing function (under current report) by pressing
> > Ctrl-P.
>
> > Actually I would like to allow printing ONLY by pressing my 'print' button
> > that have already placed control.
>
> > --
> > aw
>
> Create a macro called AutoKeys (the name is very important).
>
> Make sure in the design view of the macro you can see the title Macro
> Name and in this field enter ^P and save it (just that and nothing
> else).
>
> Now when the database is opened it should have effectively disabled
> the keystoke Ctrl+P.
>
> Hope this helps.

Hi David,

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'the menu shortcut keystrokes' but
if you mean the user can still use the menu options then the answer to
this would be to disable the menu as well.

You can do this in 2007 under the options, current database, ribbon
and toolbar options and unticking Allow Full Menus. I pretty sure you
can do something similar in earlier versions. Opening the database by
holding down the shift key renables the menus.
From: david on
I have not tested this in any current version.
Autokeys does not have a key combination for ALT P
In report preview mode, ALT P brings up the print dialog.