From: Jacob Wall on
On 20/04/2010 10:03 PM, CT_Surveyor wrote:
> On Apr 20, 7:01 pm, CT_Surveyor<lgchar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ::
>> xCLEAR
>> xCLLCD
>> "MY TEXT STRING"
>> { HXS 2 00 HXS 2 01 }
>> ZINT 2
>> xDISPXY
>> ZINT 7
>> xFREEZE
>> ;
>> @
>
>> This code snippet compiles okay in Debug4X, no error messages, but
>> when I try to run it, the emulator either warmstarts, freezes up, or
>> crashes with a memory lost.
>
> UPDATE: When I compile the above code in MASD on the emulator it runs
> perfectly, so I am thinking there is a bug in the entry table. I think
> the ROM pointer address being returned by Debug4X for the xDISPXY
> command may have an error. I can't think of any other reason a piece
> of code would compile and run correctly in MASD, but crashes when
> compiled by Debug4X.
Hello,

If you declare:

EXTERNAL xDISPXY

in your Debug4x source file, it should work.

I know there are some others also that are missing from the entry table,
some of which I know to be:

xSTREAM
xCOL-
xCOL+
xROW-
xROW+
xSREPL
xSORT
x\GSLIST

Jacob
From: Han on
On Apr 21, 12:03 am, CT_Surveyor <lgchar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 7:01 pm, CT_Surveyor <lgchar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > ::
> > xCLEAR
> > xCLLCD
> > "MY TEXT STRING"
> > { HXS 2 00 HXS 2 01 }
> > ZINT 2
> > xDISPXY
> > ZINT 7
> > xFREEZE
> > ;
> > @
> > This code snippet compiles okay in Debug4X, no error messages, but
> > when I try to run it, the emulator either warmstarts, freezes up, or
> > crashes with a memory lost.
>
> UPDATE: When I compile the above code in MASD on the emulator it runs
> perfectly, so I am thinking there is a bug in the entry table. I think
> the ROM pointer address being returned by Debug4X for the xDISPXY
> command may have an error. I can't think of any other reason a piece
> of code would compile and run correctly in MASD, but crashes when
> compiled by Debug4X.

You are probably missing the extable library.
From: Han on
On Apr 21, 12:03 am, CT_Surveyor <lgchar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 7:01 pm, CT_Surveyor <lgchar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > ::
> > xCLEAR
> > xCLLCD
> > "MY TEXT STRING"
> > { HXS 2 00 HXS 2 01 }
> > ZINT 2
> > xDISPXY
> > ZINT 7
> > xFREEZE
> > ;
> > @
> > This code snippet compiles okay in Debug4X, no error messages, but
> > when I try to run it, the emulator either warmstarts, freezes up, or
> > crashes with a memory lost.
>
> UPDATE: When I compile the above code in MASD on the emulator it runs
> perfectly, so I am thinking there is a bug in the entry table. I think
> the ROM pointer address being returned by Debug4X for the xDISPXY
> command may have an error. I can't think of any other reason a piece
> of code would compile and run correctly in MASD, but crashes when
> compiled by Debug4X.

Install extable library (the best one to use is the one found within
the Emacs 2.11a package from hpcalc.org). Then take your UserRPL
program and run the command ->S2 command to get an idea of what things
look like in SysRPL.
From: CT_Surveyor on
On Apr 21, 5:50 am, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de>
wrote:

>    ROMPTR xDISPXY

Thanks! I am only just getting my toes wet in SysRPL programming and
didn't know that some of the UserRPL commands have to be prefaced with
ROMPTR when converted with the ->S2 command. Since receiving this
reply I have found many other commands, like xINFORM and xCHOOSE in my
source code that also are ROMPTR's. I have now sucessfully converted
the first of nine UserRPL modules in my SurveyPac application to
SysRPL and compiled it as a library with Debug4X (with compression,
even!). The compression option is really nice, it squeezes my library
to about 50% of the size of the previous non-compressed UserRPL
version! This compression will allow me to put back in some
functionality that had to be cut out of the previous version of the
program, which grew to 150k of source code and could not be compiled
with CRLIB due to "insufficient memory". Thanks everyone who responded
to this thread in the last few days, I was floundering in the dark
with some aspects of Debug4X that I couldn't figure out from the docs
and examples, and now I know enough to at least get my code to compile
into a library and show breakpoints in the debugger window. I think I
can now finish the conversion and re-release the application as a
(mostly) SysRPL library with no more major stumbling blocks.

From: John H Meyers on
On 4/21/2010 12:03 AM, CT_Surveyor wrote:

> [...]
> ZINT 2
> [...]
> ZINT 7
> [...]

If you are trying to save a few bytes (at expense of execution time)
by having changed % 2 to ZINT 2 etc.
then try using %2 and %7 (no spaces) instead --
these are built-in ROM words, only 2.5 bytes each.

As to compiling in Debug4x, the DISPXY command is a ROMPTR (not a PTR),
as are all the other "missing xYYYYY commands" listed by Jacob Wall,
so perhaps the problem is that the compilation in Debug4x
does not automatically recognize xDISPXY,
although the on-board SysRPL compiler appears to do so,
while at the same time _not_ recognizing ROMPTR2 ~xDISPXY
(when using standard original extable library)

[r->] [OFF]
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Icon at top of 48gii Screen