From: Gualtier Malde on
I am using XP v 5.1 SP3 in an Acer Aspire 1 netbook. I am pleased to find that,
so far, the DOS programs I have are running in the environment. The screen is
small, though, so I use an external monitor. The DOS programs show up on the
netbook screen but not on the monitor. This is regardless of where the
screen-monitor toggle is set.

Is there anything that I can do to correct that? Thanks
gm
From: Ender on
"Gualtier Malde" <valacapt(a)yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>I am using XP v 5.1 SP3 in an Acer Aspire 1 netbook. I am pleased to find
>that, so far, the DOS programs I have are running in the environment. The
>screen is

I do not know the answer, but for the old DOS-programs, you can find very
good info on:
http://wpdos.org of Edward Mendelson

It is made for WordPerfect for Dos, but many info is also usuable for other
dos programs.

SCS

From: Gualtier Malde on
On 5/29/2010 11:38 AM, Ender wrote:
> "Gualtier Malde"<valacapt(a)yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>> I am using XP v 5.1 SP3 in an Acer Aspire 1 netbook. I am pleased to find
>> that, so far, the DOS programs I have are running in the environment. The
>> screen is
>
> I do not know the answer, but for the old DOS-programs, you can find very
> good info on:
> http://wpdos.org of Edward Mendelson
>
> It is made for WordPerfect for Dos, but many info is also usuable for other
> dos programs.
>
> SCS

Thank you. Actually I have an answer that worked in the most important
instance: Be sure the DOS application is coming up in a window, not full
screen. When it comes up in full screen, apparently, it attempts to do
something with the window size settings and "upsets" the monitor.

Resetting worked for one program but, so far, not another. Thanks for the link.

Chuck

From: russg on
On May 30, 3:30 pm, Gualtier Malde <valac...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/2010 11:38 AM, Ender wrote:
>
> > "Gualtier Malde"<valac...(a)yahoo.com>  schreef in bericht
> >> I am using XP v 5.1 SP3 in an Acer Aspire 1 netbook.  I am pleased to find
> >> that, so far, the DOS programs I have are running in the environment.  The
> >> screen is
>
> > I do not know the answer, but for the old DOS-programs, you can find very
> > good info on:
> >http://wpdos.orgof Edward Mendelson
>
> > It is made for WordPerfect for Dos, but many info is also usuable for other
> > dos programs.
>
> > SCS
>
> Thank you.  Actually I have an answer that worked in the most important
> instance:  Be sure the DOS application is coming up in a window, not full
> screen.  When it comes up in full screen, apparently, it attempts to do
> something with the window size settings and "upsets" the monitor.
>
> Resetting worked for one program but, so far, not another.  Thanks for the link.
>
> Chuck

I guess you've done this, but I mention it.
You right click on an empty place on the desktop. Then chose
'properties'. Then chose
'settings' then you should get a choice which monitor you want to
use. You can also
make other display settings, colors, resolution, which graphics
adapter to use, I guess
you get more than one adapter with a laptop and 15 pin monitor jack.

Pages: 1
Prev: transferring files
Next: video card