From: Ronald E. Foltz on
not sure if i'm in the right place but maybe someone can help me. . i
jsut want to know the easiest/best way to transfer files from one
computer to another. . they can be side by side if i need some kind of
cable. . thanks for any help

From: Nil on
On 18 May 2010, Ronald E. Foltz <genfolkc(a)windstream.net> wrote in
alt.windows-xp:

> . i jsut want to know the easiest/best way to transfer files from
> one computer to another. . they can be side by side if i need some
> kind of cable. . thanks for any help

You don't say what you already have available, so you're only going to
get general suggestions. Please provide complete details in the future
so people don't have to dig for information.

Assuming they are both have network adapters, just set up a home
network, then share the disk drives on both computers and copy the
files from one to the other.

If you already own a router, just connect them both to that and they
should see each other. If you don't, you can get what's known as a
crossover cable and connect them directly.

If both computers have wireless adapters, you might be able to set up a
temporary ad-hoc network:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/adhoc.mspx
From: F8BOE on
Ronald E. Foltz wrote:

> not sure if i'm in the right place but maybe someone can
help me. . i
> jsut want to know the easiest/best way to transfer files
from one
> computer to another. . they can be side by side if i need
some kind of
> cable. . thanks for any help

Any USB stick would permit it.

--

Ciao @+

< Sony VGN-FW54M powered by Mandriva-Linux 2010.0 >
From: philo on
On 05/20/2010 01:03 AM, F8BOE wrote:
> Ronald E. Foltz wrote:
>
>> not sure if i'm in the right place but maybe someone can
> help me. . i
>> jsut want to know the easiest/best way to transfer files
> from one
>> computer to another. . they can be side by side if i need
> some kind of
>> cable. . thanks for any help
>

> Any USB stick would permit it.

I agree, probably the easiest way

OTOH: If there is more data than would fit on a USB stick

the machines could be networked either with the use of a router

or without a router, a crossover cable is all that's needed
From: Nil on
On 20 May 2010, philo <philo(a)privacy.invalid> wrote in alt.windows-xp:

> OTOH: If there is more data than would fit on a USB stick
> the machines could be networked either with the use of a router
> or without a router, a crossover cable is all that's needed

That's what I said three days ago.

This was obviously another hit-and-run post, so we'll probably never
see the schmuck again.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: annoying pop up