From: m.balarama on
on my ie7 evefytime it come up a box pops up and says download ie 8 ---
I would like to get rid of this box-but don't know how--just 2 options-
download now or later
help me get rid of this annoying box
thanks
Michael
From: Nil on
On 17 May 2010, "m.balarama" <pandava(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in
alt.windows-xp:

> on my ie7 evefytime it come up a box pops up and says download ie
> 8 --- I would like to get rid of this box-but don't know how--just
> 2 options- download now or later
> help me get rid of this annoying box

Have you ever looked at IE's Internet Options?

In IE8, there is Advanced | Browsing | Automatically check for Internet
Explorer updates. That option was there in IE6 and I expect it's there
in IE7 as well.
From: m.balarama on
On May 17, 4:01 pm, Nil <redno...(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 17 May 2010, "m.balarama" <pand...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in
> alt.windows-xp:
>
> > on my ie7 evefytime it come up a box pops up and says download ie
> > 8 --- I would like to get rid of this box-but don't know how--just
> > 2 options- download now or later
> > help me get rid of this annoying box
>
> Have you ever looked at IE's Internet Options?
>
> In IE8, there is Advanced | Browsing | Automatically check for Internet
> Explorer updates. That option was there in IE6 and I expect it's there
> in IE7 as well.

thanks -it worked

Pages: 1
Prev: XP Install Problem