From: intrepidscout on
I recently lost my hard drive, and upgraded to Windows 7 in the course of
repairing my system. I'm running IIS on the machine as a development
environment. The following connection works properly on our production
server, but no longer works on my individual machine:

dbExcel.Open "DBQ=c"\inetpub\wwwroot\databases=myfile.xls;" & _
"DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};"

This now returns the error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

The referenced driver shows up in my ODBC data cources under Drivers and
User DSN, so I don't know what I'm missing in my setup. How can I address
this?
From: Dan on

"intrepidscout" <intrepidscout(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently lost my hard drive, and upgraded to Windows 7 in the course of
> repairing my system. I'm running IIS on the machine as a development
> environment. The following connection works properly on our production
> server, but no longer works on my individual machine:
>
> dbExcel.Open "DBQ=c"\inetpub\wwwroot\databases=myfile.xls;" & _
> "DRIVER={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};"
>
> This now returns the error:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> default driver specified
>
> The referenced driver shows up in my ODBC data cources under Drivers and
> User DSN, so I don't know what I'm missing in my setup. How can I address
> this?

Did you upgrade to to Windows 7 64-bit by any chance? As far as I'm aware
there is no 64-bit driver for Excel, so you'll have to run IIS in 32-bit
mode for this to work.

--
Dan

Pages: 1