From: Paul Heslop on
Your name wrote:

> For my DVD boxes (also CDs) I use glossy photo paper from the dollar
> store. I get 8 full page sheets for $1.00. Nice thicknes too (225 g/m2,
> 60lb, 9.2mil). This so called glossy photo paper (made in China) does
> not look like "true photo paper" but it is perfectly suited for graphic
> work, like CD/DVD liners and greeting cards, etc. I just want my little
> creations to look their very best, so it's gotta be glossy of some kind.
> And I don't make them to sell them either. I Put too much effort into
> just one copy. ;-)
>
> JJ

In the UK we have one or two websites where you can dig up bargain
papers like this, all a bit hit and miss of course and you never know
if you order a bath of paper whether they'll ever have the same stuff
in stock again.

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
From: Brendan R. Wehrung on
Your name (JJ&deargod.net) writes:
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> "Bill (Adopt)" wrote:

>>> Just as a thought I've always used laser print,
>>> (and b/w at that until a few weeks ago), with a
>>> standard 80gsm-100gsm laser paper.
>>>
>>> Once inside the outer plastic, it may not really
>>> matter too much - it seems to look 'glossy' enough
>>> from the outside..
>>>
>>> Bill ZFC
>>
>> With my inkjet I use matte paper for DVD covers. For a start they dry
>> almost instantly, which is a boon when you're slipping them inside
>> those plastic things and prices are usually more favourable. It just
>> makes sense to me, the glossy stuff would only be needed if I were
>> trying to pass my recordings off as the real thing, which I am not,
>> it's just so my little collection of home recordings looks better :O)
>>

> For my DVD boxes (also CDs) I use glossy photo paper from the dollar
> store. I get 8 full page sheets for $1.00. Nice thicknes too (225 g/m2,
> 60lb, 9.2mil). This so called glossy photo paper (made in China) does
> not look like "true photo paper" but it is perfectly suited for graphic
> work, like CD/DVD liners and greeting cards, etc. I just want my little
> creations to look their very best, so it's gotta be glossy of some kind.
> And I don't make them to sell them either. I Put too much effort into
> just one copy. ;-)
>

> JJ

I have a Canon printer and use matte card stock from Office Depot, of
preference ththe one marketed by Xerox. Color isn't quite as bright, but
I tend to think in-jets print to heavily anyway, and saturation is quite good.

Brendan