From: TVeblen on
When I boot my computer with the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade DVD in the
drive the boot gets to "CD ROM Boot Priority....Boot Ready_" but does not
proceed to "Press any key to boot from CD". I can hear the drive spinning.
I've pressed keys.
The boot order is correct: CD Drive first.
The DVD boots on 2 other computers (you get to the "Press any key to boot
from CD" message) - the DVD is good.
The other computers have a single legacy hard drive and legacy DVD writers.

This system:
Asus P6T motherboard with i7-920 CPU- 6GB RAM
Two WD SATA Black hard disks - 5 + 3 partitions all NTFS
Samsung SH-S223F 22x SATA Burner - DVD +R -R *RW -RW -RAM -ROM
Floppy Drive
Rig has been running XP without a hitch for 9 months

Any ideas why it won't boot from DVD?