From: Bob on
Just now, I was running Eudora 7.0.1 paid and registered out of
win98SE and then winXP when I realized I could upgrade a little bit to
versoin 7.1.0.9 I think it is. Now it tells me I'm not Paid
anymore. There is such a small difference that it didn't occur to me
this could happen.

Is there a way to get back to 7.0.1 again so I can be paid again. I
have a working setup on the win98SE computer, that I can copy files
from.

Can I uninstall, copy the files over, and then register my copy wiht
my registratiion number (which I also have.)?

Thanks a lot.
From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:14:48 -0600, Bob wrote:

> I was running Eudora 7.0.1 paid and registered.
> I realized I could upgrade a little bit to version 7.1.0.9

> Now it tells me I'm not Paid any more.

> There is such a small difference that it didn't occur to me this could happen.

Always read the "fine print" :)

> Is there a way to get back to 7.0.1 again so I can be paid again?

"Don't go back, go forwards"

Google for: Eudora registration code
(Penn State's site license should be in the results)

As they say, "the registration code should work
for any version of Eudora for Windows or Mac"
(ignore the presumed cutoff date, because it's good
for every version ever released, 4.3 through 7.1)

Qualcomm does not care; they stopped accepting money in April 2007,
and terminated sponsorship ad sales at the same time.

Any registration can actually be used an unlimited number of times.

If you don't find the one above, ask Froggie
(who has posted numerous others, in this newsgroup,
all archived by Google, which is the only thing that will still remember us,
even after the Sun burns out :)

From: Bob on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:46:56 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:14:48 -0600, Bob wrote:
>
>> I was running Eudora 7.0.1 paid and registered.
>> I realized I could upgrade a little bit to version 7.1.0.9
>
>> Now it tells me I'm not Paid any more.
>
>> There is such a small difference that it didn't occur to me this could happen.
>
>Always read the "fine print" :)
>
>> Is there a way to get back to 7.0.1 again so I can be paid again?
>
>"Don't go back, go forwards"
>
>Google for: Eudora registration code
>(Penn State's site license should be in the results)
>
>As they say, "the registration code should work
>for any version of Eudora for Windows or Mac"
>(ignore the presumed cutoff date, because it's good
>for every version ever released, 4.3 through 7.1)
>
>Qualcomm does not care; they stopped accepting money in April 2007,
>and terminated sponsorship ad sales at the same time.

That's right. I remember that now.

I'll do this tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the previous answer.

From: Froggie the Gremlin on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:14:48 -0500, Bob <bob234(a)bigfoot.com> wrotd:

>Just now, I was running Eudora 7.0.1 paid and registered out of
>win98SE and then winXP when I realized I could upgrade a little bit to
>versoin 7.1.0.9 I think it is. Now it tells me I'm not Paid
>anymore. There is such a small difference that it didn't occur to me
>this could happen.
>
>Is there a way to get back to 7.0.1 again so I can be paid again. I
>have a working setup on the win98SE computer, that I can copy files
>from.
>
>Can I uninstall, copy the files over, and then register my copy wiht
>my registratiion number (which I also have.)?
>
>Thanks a lot.

Feel free to use the following for REGISTRATION...

FirstName: Froggies
LastName: Friend
Registration: 4623699983330849

Or... pass on what you'd like to use and I'll gecha what you need.

---<ribbit>

From: maps on
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:46:56 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> brought the following to our attention:

>If you don't find the one above, ask Froggie
>(who has posted numerous others, in this newsgroup,
>all archived by Google, which is the only thing that will
>still remember us, even after the Sun burns out :)

Nice one John!! lol

-ed