From: Raymond Yohros on
On Aug 11, 5:53 pm, Yousuf Khan <bbb...(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/2010 7:35 AM, n...(a)bid.nes wrote:
>
> >    Not really "equating", more like "comparing".
>
> >    They're just saying that dark matter has  preferred arrangements at
> > a particular size scale, temperature etc just like matter does. At
> > planetary-mass scales, cold matter likes to be spherical with a
> > particular density profile; that's its attractor. At supergalactic
> > scales, dark matter also likes to be spherical but with a flatter
> > density profile; a different attractor.
>
> >    That's what I get anyway.
>
> >    Not especially shocking, but puzzling...
>
> >    Mark L. Fergerson
>
> Yeah, it's puzzling because it seems to be saying absolutely nothing
> that we don't already know. It doesn't even try to make a proof for
> something we already know, it's just restating it all in a different way.
>
>         Yousuf Khan

it sounds and looks like bullshit!

nature shows more and more that the most historic abundant
ordinary things like BHs (mekanics) and neutrino (oscillation)
are the real reasons behind what we call dark matenergy.

r.y
From: Yousuf Khan on
On 12/08/2010 7:48 AM, nuny(a)bid.nes wrote:
> On Aug 11, 3:53 pm, Yousuf Khan<bbb...(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, it's puzzling because it seems to be saying absolutely nothing
>> that we don't already know. It doesn't even try to make a proof for
>> something we already know, it's just restating it all in a different way.
>
> It reminds me of string theory in that respect.
>
> What's the word for "minimum publishable unit of information that
> justifies further funding" again?
>

> Mark L. Fergerson

Yeah, if there isn't a word for that, then there should be. It happens
so often it deserves its own term. The Inuit have something like 30
different names for different types of snow, because they see it often
enough that it requires its own terms. Some central Asian dialects have
a separate name for a castrated yak, again one must assume they see it
enough to require its own term. There should be something similar for
science funding. :)

Yousuf Khan
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2