From: GSHATTERHAND on
Daryl,

You were right four years ago. And I also agree with those here who
say the Organizer is the worst thing in all versions since PSP 9.

I can get PSP 9 to mostly work in Windows 7 but it's a pain. And I
must turn to paid help on many occasions.

So, Daryl, now that I know I must abandon PSP, the program I once
loved, what is the best program to go to? I should know but I've never
been confident in my computer skills and hoped to never leave PSP
since it did so much for a reasonable price.

Gary
From: Dave Symes on
In article
<d94f32d3-82c4-4980-80d5-d5f74f5f1cb5(a)m37g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
GSHATTERHAND <gshatterhand(a)aol.com> wrote:
> Daryl,

> You were right four years ago. And I also agree with those here who
> say the Organizer is the worst thing in all versions since PSP 9.

> I can get PSP 9 to mostly work in Windows 7 but it's a pain. And I
> must turn to paid help on many occasions.

> So, Daryl, now that I know I must abandon PSP, the program I once
> loved, what is the best program to go to? I should know but I've never
> been confident in my computer skills and hoped to never leave PSP
> since it did so much for a reasonable price.

> Gary

I don't understand...
I have PSP 9.01 working under Windows 7, and aside from a couple of minor
niggles... The same as Vista, it works okay.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
From: GSHATTERHAND on
On Mar 13, 12:44 am, Dave Symes <d...(a)triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <d94f32d3-82c4-4980-80d5-d5f74f5f1...(a)m37g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
>    GSHATTERHAND <gshatterh...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Daryl,
> > You were right four years ago. And I also agree with those here who
> > say the Organizer is the worst thing in all versions since PSP 9.
> > I can get PSP 9 to mostly work in Windows 7 but it's a pain. And I
> > must turn to paid help on many occasions.
> > So, Daryl, now that I know I must abandon PSP, the program I once
> > loved, what is the best program to go to? I should know but I've never
> > been confident in my computer skills and hoped to never leave PSP
> > since it did so much for a reasonable price.
> > Gary
>
> I don't understand...
> I have PSP 9.01 working under Windows 7, and aside from a couple of minor
> niggles... The same as Vista, it works okay.
>
> Dave
>
> --
>
> Dave Triffid

I'm sure you have a better understanding than I, Dave. I'm not wise
about software or computers. I suppose the blame could be with my lack
of expertise.

At first, Corel told me PSP 9 would absolutely not work in Windows 7.
So I bought a later version and installed that in Windows 7. I so
hated the Organizer I stopped using it. But I kept PSP 9 working in a
dual drive in XP. Just in the past week, my computer shop was able to
get PSP 9 working for me in Windows 7 but they had to use a bunch of
work arounds to make it happen. I can't describe them with any
technical expertise but they claim they had to install it in a
separate file from where Windows 7 keeps most programs. I get error
messages I have to ignore and bypass to make PSP 9 work in Windows 7.
It's possible what are minor niggles for you are major for me. For me
the experience has been a hassle but if I has better computer skills I
might not have any complaints. Maybe it will all work out as I get
more experience. But for now PSP 9 does not work smoothly in Windows 7.