From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:58:01 -0700, alhotch <alhotch(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I tend to agree with John. I have found that as I enter info into the two
>text boxes - FirstName and then LastName, the new entries are not yet
>available to be "looked up" in the CBO until I save (or exit) the
>record/form. After that, I can use the CBO as I wanted to.
>
>Looks like I will have to take a different approach. I was hoping to make
>the data entry process "dymanic" in that I could use an entry into a text
>box, immediately available to a CBO upon exit of that text box - not having
>to wait until the form was closed, etc.

You can explicitly save the record in some form event, so long as the record
*can* be saved (all required fields have data, for example). For instance if
you want the LastName field to be immediately available you can put code in
the LastName textbox's AfterUpdate event:

Private Sub LastName_AfterUpdate()
If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
End Sub

or you can use the SaveRecord action in a Macro in the same event.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: alhotch on
Thanks again, John for your prompt reply. As always, I can count of you guys
for swift and accurate responses !!! I will use your ideas !!!