From: AlexG on
We're using Data Integration Studio and the performance when we make a
checkin of our repository is terrible. While checkin is processing,
nobody can work and it can take 15/30 minutes....

Any solution??

Thanks a lot

From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" on
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:34:29 -0800, AlexG <algomlop(a)GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>We're using Data Integration Studio and the performance when we make a
>checkin of our repository is terrible. While checkin is processing,
>nobody can work and it can take 15/30 minutes....
>
>Any solution??
>
>Thanks a lot

An important distinction: it is not DIS which is slow; rather, it is the
code which DIS generates.

I think you have to look at that code and at the log, and try to isolate and
understand the problem(s).

When it comes time to fix things, you may not have to tweak code directly.
You may have enough insight to be able to go back to the DIS interface and
point and click and drag and drop your way to something which will run
faster. Or, you may realize that your data require some kind of conditioning.
From: T.M.Goossens@gmail.com on
Is the performance poor overall or is it just when doing a checkin ?

I have been able to improve the performance of the metadata
repositories with the
%OMABACKUP macro, that SAS supplies. It will clean up all metadata that
was marked for deletion (but not yet deleted phyhically).

From: T.M.Goossens@gmail.com on