From: peteh on
Hi All;
Is it possible to configure autocommit in Data Studio SQL processor? I
can't find this feature anywhere... Kind of a show-stopper for us
using the tool productively. Any insight greatly appreciated

Pete H
From: Ian on
On Jun 22, 8:43 am, peteh <phazz...(a)intellicare.com> wrote:
> Hi All;
> Is it possible to configure autocommit in Data Studio SQL processor? I
> can't find this feature anywhere... Kind of a show-stopper for us
> using the tool productively. Any insight greatly appreciated

I don't think this is possible (at least with 2.2.0.2). There's no
option to set this, and I don't believe that there is not a JDBC
property that you can set at the connection level to disable this. I
even tried setting autoCommit=false in the Optional Driver Properties
for a particular connection, but this doesn't work.

From: Mark A on
"Ian" <ianbjor(a)mobileaudio.com> wrote in message
> I don't think this is possible (at least with 2.2.0.2). There's no
> option to set this, and I don't believe that there is not a JDBC
> property that you can set at the connection level to disable this. I
> even tried setting autoCommit=false in the Optional Driver Properties
> for a particular connection, but this doesn't work.

Thank God for this. Bless you, Data Studio developers.

Any decent DBA should know how to run a script with autocommit off. This
information should never be provided to developers or end users.

From: marichu on
On Jun 22, 12:48 pm, "Mark A" <no...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> "Ian" <ianb...(a)mobileaudio.com> wrote in message

> > I don't think this is possible (at least with 2.2.0.2).  There's no
> > option to set this, and I don't believe that there is not a JDBC
> > property that you can set at the connection level to disable this.  I
> > even tried setting autoCommit=false in the Optional Driver Properties
> > for a particular connection, but this doesn't work.
>
> Thank God for this. Bless you, Data Studio developers.
>
> Any decent DBA should know how to run a script with autocommit off. This
> information should never be provided to developers or end users.

Hi all,

The autocommit capability is not JDBC property but is a method call
against the connection. Therefore, it cannot be specified in the
Optional Driver Properties.
There is an open requirement to support this in future releases of
Data Studio / Optim Development Studio.
From: Ian on
On Jun 22, 12:48 pm, "Mark A" <no...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> "Ian" <ianb...(a)mobileaudio.com> wrote in message

> Any decent DBA should know how to run a script with autocommit off. This
> information should never be provided to developers or end users.

Yes, of course. But the OP was asking if it's possbile to do it from
Data Studio.
Turning off autoCommit is a very valid request. Just because it's
powerful (and
can cause problems if not used with care) doesn't mean people
shouldn't be
able to use it.