From: Richard on
Where running DB2 9.1.0.4

There's no db2tcpcm process for our instance, and nobody can connect
to it (makes sense). In db2diag.log I see this error.

2010-06-21-13.24.27.760177-240 E69677A687 LEVEL: Error
PID : 1110090 TID : 1 PROC : db2sysc 0
INSTANCE: db2sims NODE : 000
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, common communication, sqlcctcpconnmgr, probe:46
MESSAGE : ADM7007E The SVCENAME DBM configuration parameter, "60000",
is
configured with a port or a service name. When it is
configured with
a service name, the TCP/IP services files is used to map the
service
name to a port number. The port specified in this field is
being
used by another process. Resolve this problem by either
deleting the
process using the port or use another port.

Does that explain why db2tcpcm is not there? I only have access to
the box to look at things. I'm a DEV DBA trying to help troubleshoot
a problem in Production.

Thanks.
From: Helmut Tessarek on
Hi Richard,

Even as non root you can do a

cat /etc/services |grep 60000

Check to see, if you have another service name associated with that port
besides the db2 service name.

netstat -an |grep 60000
will show that some process might be already be listening on that port.
Tell the OS admin that a process is using the port that should be used by DB2.

If you don't care on which port DB2 is running, ask them to chance the entry
for your instance (in /etc/services) to a different port.

Helmut

--
Helmut K. C. Tessarek
DB2 Performance and Development

/*
await thee at its end.
*/
From: Richard on
Thanks for the reply.

Our Production DBA confirmed there was a conflict on the port. They
changed the password on the
account they gave me temporary access to, so I can't even run the
commands you sent to see the
output. I will print them off for future reference. Thanks again.

Richard