From: n5ac on
>I'm FPGA beginner and can anybody tell me what to do in steps to create
>those .bmm files and .mem files. I was searching it for few hours and I
>don't catch this...

If you are trying to initialize with a software project, you can use the
BRAM Init function in the EDK tools. This will invoke data2mem in the
background, turn you application into a .MEM file and then combine this
with you .BIT file to produce a new .BIT file.

If you are initializing with something different, you will probably need to
invoke data2mem yourself. There is a guide on data2mem that explains how
to use it in more detail here:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/data2mem.pdf

or you could invoke the BRAM Init took in EDK and watch how it works and
mimic what it is doing with your data.

Steve

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com