From: Lenee on
Steve

I need to see customer name (Customer Table) with there area (Cut table)
and the cut week (Cutwork table), so that i can enter the data in the cut
week field for the customers that were cut that week. I am looking to enter
90 to 120 entries in a day. Doing the sub-forms still only lets me look at 1
record at a time. Am I
trying to do the impossibe here? The Estimate table only has 2 fields that I
need for this query. I will be putting Customer information in the customer
table from a form, then the estimate information from a form, cut information
from a form, the nice neet idiot proof ones. I have those all made linked
together works great. Now trying to put this in a datasheet form to input the
cuts (date) quickly. I hope this isn't to confusing.

Here is the information you asked for. If you need anything else just let me
know.
Thanks for your help and advise.

Customer Table
CustomerID
MyCounter
ABC
FirstName
LastName
Address
City
MapPage
MapPageLetter
MapPageNum

Cut Table
CustomerID (Foreign Key)
CutCust2010
CutArea
CutOrdNum
CutPrice
CutEOW
CutComments
CutLR

CutWork Table
CustomerID (Foreign Key)
Cutwk1
Cutwk2
Cutwk3
Cutwk4
Cutwk5

Estimate Table
CustomerID (Foreign Key)
Services
SqFt

These are the fields that I am putting in my query to try and make a
datasheet form for quick entries in the cut weeks. All tables have a primary
key except for the Cut table, but I do have a field that Can be put as a
primary key.
--
Lenee

From: Steve on
Lenee,

It is very confusing!!!

1. What is a "Cut"?

2. What are CutCust2010 and CutArea in the Cut Table?

3. What are Cutwk1, Cutwk2, ..... Cutwk5 in the Cut Work Table?

4. What are Services and SqFt in the Estimate table?

The Cut Work Table is definitely wrong but I can't tell you how to change it
because everything is very confusing.

It's going to take some time to sort things out. Would you consider hiring
me to work with you to develop what you have into a proper database? I
provide help with Access, Excel and Word applications for a small fee. My
fee to help you would be very reasonable. Contact me offline at
santus(a)penn.com and let's get your database working.

From: Gina Whipp on
Lenee,

Please explain a little of what business this applies to so we can get a
clearer picture. And for FREE we (and by that I don't mean Steve) will work
with you to get an updateable query (one that can be edited).

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: StopThisAdvertising on

"Steve" <notmyemail(a)address.com> schreef in bericht news:%23lD%2316RqKHA.4284(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Lenee,
>
> It is very confusing!!!

Not confusing at all... OP would like help... for FREE

--
Get lost $teve. Go away... far away....

Again... Get lost $teve. Go away... far away....
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...

This newsgroup is meant for FREE help..
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...
OP look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'... we have passed 11.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

Arno R

From: Lenee on
Gina,

We are a Lawn Maintanence Co. which had 4 divisions within the company:
1. Mowing service
2. Fertilization service (LCP)
3. Misc Work - Mulching, trim shrubs, etc.
4. Hardscapes - Patios, walkways walls, etc.

We have the following customer base:
1. 600 cut cust.
2. 250 lcp cust.
3. 150 Misc cust.
4. 25 Hardscape cust.

Customers can be either a cut, lcp,misc or hardscape customer or any
combination of these.

We do approximately 2500 estimates per year.

Our mind set was to set up the tables as follows:

1. Customer Table - Name, rank, serial number
2. Estimate Table - Info pretaining to estimate done.
3. Cut Table - All infor pretaining to the cut side.
4. Cutwork T - 36 cut weeks (to enter dates cut) plus leaf removal weeks.
5. CutPayment T - Monthly bill and payment info.
6. LCP T - All information pretaining to LCP work.
7. Misc T - All info pretaining to Misc work.
8. Hardscape T - All info pretaining to Hardscape work.

There is a total of 309 fields in all of these tables and none of them are
duplicates. We have tried putting them all into 1 table, but it was to big.

The problem arises when we try to link 4 tables CustT, CutT, CutworkT and
EstimateT in a query.
We do most of our work in a Datasheet view/form since we cut approx 150
propertys a day. Inputing todays date takes approximately 1 minute in a
datasheet view vs 10 minutes in a form view.

Should we try to put this in 2 tables?
Table 1 Customer, Cut, Cutwork, Cutpayments & Estimate.
Table 2 LCP, Misc & Hardscape.

Also another issue is we are trying to set an account number using the DMAX
function to lookup the greatest number and increase by 1. Isn't happening
here.

We have been using Microsoft Works for the past 15 years or so and it has
been working fine, just a little limiting as far as the amount of filters and
reports.

Thanks for help and advice.
--
Lenee