From: Lenee on
I have created a datasheet form from a query everything is there. I am trying
to enter data here but it will not except it here. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Lenee
From: Jerry Whittle on
I'm betting that the query contains more than one table. This can be a
problem.

Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View
and copy and past it here.

Information on primary keys and relationships would be a nice touch too.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Lenee on
Jerry you are absolutely correct. I have 4 tables in my query. Here is the
information you are asking for.

Customer Table - Primary Key is CustomerID
Estimate Table - Primary Key is EstimateID
CutWork Table - Primary Key is CutworkID
Cut Table - No Primary Key

The CustomerID is in all of the tables and joined here.

SELECT CutT.CutCust2010, CutWorkT.Cutwk1, CutT.CutArea, CutT.CutOrdNum,
CustomerT.ABC, CustomerT.Address, CustomerT.City, CustomerT.State,
CustomerT.Zip, CustomerT.MapPage, CustomerT.MapPageLetter,
CustomerT.MapPageNum, CutWorkT.Cutwk2, CutT.CutPrice, CutT.CutEOW,
CutT.Cutcomments, EstimateT.SqFt, EstimateT.Services, CutT.CutLR,
CustomerT.CustomerID, CustomerT.MyCounter, CustomerT.FirstName,
CustomerT.LastName
FROM ((CustomerT INNER JOIN CutT ON CustomerT.CustomerID = CutT.CustomerID)
INNER JOIN EstimateT ON CustomerT.CustomerID = EstimateT.CustomerID) INNER
JOIN CutWorkT ON CustomerT.CustomerID = CutWorkT.CustomerID
WHERE (((CutT.CutCust2010)=Yes) AND ((CutWorkT.Cutwk1) Is Null))
ORDER BY CutT.CutArea, CutT.CutOrdNum;

I hope this helps you to help me.
--
Lenee

From: Steve on
Your query is probably not updateable. Open the query and look at the
navigation buttons. If the new record button os grayed out, your query is
not updateable. When a query is not updateable, you won't be able to add new
records to a form based on the query. For example, union queries and
crosstab queries are not updateable.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
The reasons that a bound form will not allow records to be edited include:

1) AllowEdits for the form is set to No
2) The underlying query the form is based on is Read-Only
3) User doesn't have Write Permission for the folder where the data resides.
4) Form's Recordset Type is set to Snapshot

To see if #2 is the case, from the Objects Dialog box go to Queries and click
on the query that your form is based on to open it. Now try to edit a record
directly in the query. If you're unable to do so, this is the cause of your
problem.

If your query is Read-Only, follow this link to Allen Browne's article
explaining the reasons this happens.

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003