From: Renee on
In a form where a datasheet is a subform, and where the last line is the data
entry line, and where the first field of the data entry line is a date picker
field...is there a way for the date picker field to defualt with the current
date w/out having to use the date picker? In other words, can the field
always show the current date, and if it needs to be different, the user can
click the date picker and choose a different date? If so, how do I fix the
settings?

MS Access 2007, Windows 7.

Thank you for any help with this.
From: Jeanette Cunningham on
Here is how to set a default date for a textbox on a form.
In design view, select the textbox,
on the property dialog for the textbox, on the data tab,
find the property called Default Value and enter
= Date()

If you want both date and time, enter
=Now()

Access sometimes removes the brackets after Date() or Now(), that doesn't
matter.