From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
From what I can glean from your brief postings it seems the text box and the
combo box are bound to fields in different tables, one of which has a date
field and the other does not. You want to sort the table without the date
field by a date field in the related table. I don't know which record you
would use if there are several related records, but in any case it seems
having a date field in the main record makes sense.

If you don't want to do that, you may be able to sue a DMax expression in a
query based on the main table to find the earliest date value in a related
record:

=DMax("[DateField]","[ChildTable]","[ID] = " & [ID])

This assumes ID is the linking field, and that it is a number field.