From: Derek M on
Hi all

I have a spreadsheet with dates in row 3 going from today till the end of
the year i.e 26/apr/2010

In row 16 directly below the date i have a number i.e. 12

What i would like to do is: on another sheet, reference todays date i.e.
26/apr/2010 and display the number 12, but i would like this to happen when
the user opens the sheet automatically

In summary, tomorrow the 27/apr/2010 i would like the formula to look at
todays date and then display the numer that is 13 rows directly below it

Is this possible?

Thanks you for your help

Derek
From: ozgrid.com on
Try;

=HLOOKUP(TODAY(),16:17,2,FALSE)

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Derek

Try the below. Adjust the sheet name to suit

=INDEX(Sheet1!16:16,MATCH(TODAY(),Sheet1!3:3,0))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Derek M on
Thats fantastic, thanks guys, got it to work using HLOOKUP

Regards - Derek