From: Rene on
b2 =min(g2,o2,w2,ae2)
g2 =k2/n2
o2 =s2/v9

b2 works when all the cell formulas have data to compute, but does not work
when one of the formulas returns the error msg #div (no data)

Thanks for your help
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Maybe something like the in G2 & O2

=IF(N2<>"",K2/N2,"")
--
Mike

question.

From: Jacob Skaria on
Either you can modify the formulas in g2,o2,w2,ae2 to handle the error.

Instead of =S2/V9 modify that to =IF(COUNT(S2,V9)=2,S2/V9,"")

OR use the below formula to return MIN() . Please note that this is an array
formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other
formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If
successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly braces at both ends like
"{=<formula>}"

=MIN(IF((MOD(COLUMN(G2:AE2)+1,8)=0)*(ISNUMBER(G2:AE2)),G2:AE2))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Rene on
Thanks Mike. It seems to work. I'll test the whole database to be sure :)
Another question: the index formula messed up when I extended the database
and now returns the formula itself instead of the result

=index(i2:at2,match(b2,g2:at2,o)

Trying to use a formula that will return the text of a cell in the min group
"winner"

From: Bob Phillips on
Select the cell, then menu Format>Cells>Number and select General. Then hit
F2 and then Enter. Should clear it.

--

HTH

Bob