From: WA on
For example, the equation is:

P*R - (P*G) = D + (D*G)

In the worksheet, each cell would have a number associated with a variable
and I would like to solve for G.

Thanks,

WA
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
Install solver add-in in your computer

From: Gary Brown on
G = ((P * R) - D)/(D + P)
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: zxcv on
On Apr 26, 10:44 am, Gary Brown <junk_at_kinneson_dot_com> wrote:
> G = ((P * R) - D)/(D + P)
> --
> Hope this helps.
> If it does, please click the Yes button.
> Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> Gary Brown
>
> "WA" wrote:
> > For example, the equation is:
>
> > P*R - (P*G) = D + (D*G)
>
> > In the worksheet, each cell would have a number associated with a variable
> > and I would like to solve for G.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > WA

Not to answer for the OP but he said the formula was just an example.
It sounds like he is asking if there is a function that can do
algebra. My first thought is "no" but I would be interested in seeing
if there is something that can.
From: WA on
Correct - I am looking for an equation that can do algebra. The solver plugin
takes a lot of time when there are multiple equations. My apologies for the
vague initial post.