From: matt6363 on
Is there a way to use a count of days instead of a date for a project? For
example, can I start a project on "Day 1" instead of "December 7" and have
the count increase to "Day 2", "Day 3"...?
From: Jim Aksel on
In P2007 and earlier, you can hide the start/finish date columns. For the
Gantt views you can change the format of the timeline using
Format/Timescale... and select an appropriate format (exampe Week1, Week2...,
or, 1,2,3,... from start or end).

If you want to get busy, you can put a formula in a spare Text or Number
column. Try this one for start: ProjDateDiff([Project
Start],[Start])/[Minutes Per Day]
This will give you all task starting on the first day as "0" ... so you may
want to add "1" to is to correct for this offset.

Note that duration based calcs in Project provide results in minutes.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com