From: James J. Gavan on
Fred Mobach wrote:
> James J. Gavan wrote:
>

>>BTW I didn't want to get into the nitty-gritty at this stage - just
>>get some names :-).
>
> << big snip>>
>
>>Hopefully, that clarifies your points.
> It does, and here below are the names in Dutch.

Thanks very much Fred,

You've provided exactly what I was after. I note the short names have a
period after them BEFORE the Tilde for BOTH Day and Month short names It
doesn't throw the methods at all, as you can see (from the method I gave
for formatting EU output), I'm using the Tilde as the
'end-of-the-literal' for STRINGing.

Jimmy, Calgary AB
From: Fred Mobach on
James J. Gavan wrote:

> Fred Mobach wrote:
>> James J. Gavan wrote:
>>

>>>BTW I didn't want to get into the nitty-gritty at this stage - just
>>>get some names :-).
>>
>> << big snip>>
>>
>>>Hopefully, that clarifies your points.
> > It does, and here below are the names in Dutch.
>
> Thanks very much Fred,
>
> You've provided exactly what I was after. I note the short names have
> a period after them BEFORE the Tilde for BOTH Day and Month short
> names.

That's correct, in Dutch abbreviations like jan. or ma. ends usually
with a period while acronyms don't.

> It doesn't throw the methods at all, as you can see (from the
> method I gave for formatting EU output), I'm using the Tilde as the
> 'end-of-the-literal' for STRINGing.

That's exactly what I understood. When I wrote many COBOL programs most
of the time I used a double space as delimiter so a single space could
be incorporated in text to be selected (no tilde on the terminal's
keyboard). :-)
--
Fred Mobach - fred(a)mobach.nl
website : https://fred.mobach.nl