From: Jim Mack on
Donald Lessau wrote:

> I had tried command prompt elevation using Ctrl+Shift+Enter but it
> did not help.
>
> I also tried to drop DbgWProc.dll onto regsvr32.exe: same error,
> "Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ... Module
> not found.". Hm.

In cases like this it's likely not the module you're working with
that's 'not found', but a dependent module. Use a tool like
Depends.Exe to find out what's needed and what's not available.

--
Jim Mack
Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc

From: Donald Lessau on
"Jim Mack" <jmack(a)mdxi.nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Donald Lessau wrote:
>>
>> I had tried command prompt elevation using Ctrl+Shift+Enter but it
>> did not help.
>>
>> I also tried to drop DbgWProc.dll onto regsvr32.exe: same error,
>> "Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ... Module
>> not found.". Hm.
>
> In cases like this it's likely not the module you're working with
> that's 'not found', but a dependent module. Use a tool like
> Depends.Exe to find out what's needed and what's not available.

Exactly what I just began doing. And it started with the fact the it is
dependent on msvbvm50.dll. Of course, only msvbvm60.dll is part of Win7...
and there seem to be a LOT of other dependencies to very old files... sigh.

.... Hey, I just found (sorry, I forgot where) a slightly newer version of
DbgWProc.dll made by Matt Curland which is dependent on msvbvm60.dll, and...
yep, got it!

Steps to register DbgWProc.dll on Win7 64:
- get Matt Curland's DbgWProc.dll (ver 1.00.0829)
- copy it to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- paste this line into the input field on the Start menu
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll"
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, then OK all UAC-related prompts.
- Success!

cheers,
Don

First  |  Prev  |