From: Donald Lessau on
Hello,

I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf
Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to register
it using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a mysterious
"Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ... Module not
found." (translated from German) although it is clearly there.
I tried it using the Run-box (Win+R) and I also tried the input field in the
Start menu. I also tried triggering the command with Ctrl+Shift+Enter which
allows you to run commands as admin. Nothing worked. Always the same error.

Thankful for any ideas,
Donald

From: Nobody on
"Donald Lessau" <don(a)oflex.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf
> Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in
> C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to register
> it using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a mysterious
> "Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ... Module not
> found." (translated from German) although it is clearly there.
> I tried it using the Run-box (Win+R) and I also tried the input field in
> the Start menu. I also tried triggering the command with Ctrl+Shift+Enter
> which allows you to run commands as admin. Nothing worked. Always the same
> error.

Since this is used for development, try a different folder.

From: Donald Lessau on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Donald Lessau" <don(a)oflex.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf
>> Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in
>> C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to
>> register it using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a
>> mysterious "Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ...
>> Module not found." (translated from German) although it is clearly there.
>> I tried it using the Run-box (Win+R) and I also tried the input field in
>> the Start menu. I also tried triggering the command with Ctrl+Shift+Enter
>> which allows you to run commands as admin. Nothing worked. Always the
>> same error.
>
> Since this is used for development, try a different folder.

Tried it. But same error.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Donald Lessau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf
> Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in
> C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to register it
> using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a mysterious "Error
> (translated from German) although it is clearly there.
> I tried it using the Run-box (Win+R) and I also tried the input field in the
> Start menu. I also tried triggering the command with Ctrl+Shift+Enter which
> allows you to run commands as admin. Nothing worked. Always the same error.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll? Why (and/or How) that?

When I want to register a 32-bit DLL in w7x64, I just use the regsvr32
that's on the path - C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe

I'd also suspect your command prompt elevation.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Donald Lessau on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Donald Lessau wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf
>> Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in
>> C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to
>> register it using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a
>> mysterious "Error loading module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DbgWProc.dll ...
>> Module not found." (translated from German) although it is clearly there.
>> I tried it using the Run-box (Win+R) and I also tried the input field in
>> the Start menu. I also tried triggering the command with Ctrl+Shift+Enter
>> which allows you to run commands as admin. Nothing worked. Always the
>> same error.
>
> C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll? Why (and/or How) that?
>
> When I want to register a 32-bit DLL in w7x64, I just use the regsvr32
> that's on the path - C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe
>
> I'd also suspect your command prompt elevation.

Whoops, sorry about the .dll typo, I meant to write regsvr32.exe. And that's
what I had tried.

Unfortunately, also C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe does not change
anything. Same error.

I had tried command prompt elevation using Ctrl+Shift+Enter but it did not
help.

I also tried to drop DbgWProc.dll onto regsvr32.exe: same error, "Error

Don

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Groups Gone Wild