From: Ken S. Tucker on
On Oct 11, 10:29 am, "Tom Van Flandern" <to...(a)metaresearch.org>
wrote:
> Androcles writes:
> >> [tvf]: Over half of all the stars visible in the night sky are double
> >> stars.
> > [Androcles]: Not optical, that aren't.
>
> Yes, optical. Grab a telescope and look sometime. Thousands of optical
> doubles are within range of small telescopes. Start with Alcor and Mizar,
> the famous optical double in the handle of the Big Dipper. Even a
> non-astronomer should be able to find that one. -|Tom|-

Right! you can look at photo's on the net.
I read a study on the subject. It "appears"
many stars are "optical doubles" in fact
to many to be coincidence, and they concluded
1/3 of stars are gravitationally bound doubles.
(That blew me away, because it boosted the
probability of planetary systems, and that
was/is being subsequently proved).
Regards
Ken S. Tucker

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: GETTING RID OF EINSTEIN RELATIVITY
Next: USM