From: Filken on
There is a simple solution to this issue. The connection will use whatever
selection was last used to log into the Console session.
If you are physically at that server, or run the "MSTSC /admin" command it
will change the default login location to whatever you select when you log in.

Simple fix: Log into the server's console session (Session 0) and select the
desired domain. From then on it will default to the domain you selected.