From: Margaret Bartley on
Windows XP, sp 3, stand-alone machine.

I must have changed some setting when I installed VideoLAN, which I use for
watching videos.

Now, when I double-click on a folder in the right side of Explorer, VideoLAN
tries to open all the files in the directory.

What I want to happen, instead, is that when I double-click on a folder
listing in the right-hand side, is that the Folders pane (left -left hand
side) selects the folder I just double-clicked on, and the right-hand side
displays the list of all the files in that folder. That's the normal
action.

This does not happen when I double-click on a folder in the Folders pane.

I don't see where to change the default behaviour of the double-click in the
Explorer window. Can someone help me?

Many thanks.

From: Ol�rin on
"Margaret Bartley" <may04_NOTTHIS(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP, sp 3, stand-alone machine.
>
> I must have changed some setting when I installed VideoLAN, which I use
> for watching videos.
>
> Now, when I double-click on a folder in the right side of Explorer,
> VideoLAN tries to open all the files in the directory.
>
> What I want to happen, instead, is that when I double-click on a folder
> listing in the right-hand side, is that the Folders pane (left -left hand
> side) selects the folder I just double-clicked on, and the right-hand side
> displays the list of all the files in that folder. That's the normal
> action.
>
> This does not happen when I double-click on a folder in the Folders pane.
>
> I don't see where to change the default behaviour of the double-click in
> the Explorer window. Can someone help me?
>
> Many thanks.

I'd suggest retrying the suggestions made to you when you posted an almost
identical question to this on October 1st last year. That time, the default
action was adding to VLC's playlist, whereas now it seems to be "Play with
VLC media player". Same recommendations apply, though.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/browse_thread/thread/3a95b2364a68ba/70c7c62f1cba9e95?lnk=gst&q=Change+the+default+action+when+double-clicking+on+an+icon+in+Explore#70c7c62f1cba9e95