From: Elaine on
Our application contains many CListCtrl objects with Report View style. When
we run our application on a Vista machine, clicking (left or right mouse
button) in the list control results in the default beep sound. This doesn't
happen on XP or Windows 2000. We build with Visual Studio.Net 2002, and I
noticed that this also happens with some lists in that IDE. I've tried many
different things to no avail. Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!
From: Nobody on
>Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!
There was a problem I was having a while ago with keypad making that boink
sound.
It don't remember that problem with XP Pro, but it does happen on XP Media
Center edition.
Well, I replaced the character with NULL, then called the base class.
I could have simply returned true or false and not called the base class,
but I chose to just replace the character with NULL.

Perhaps you can overrride the OnLButtonDown or OnRButtonDown and not call
the base class,
or pass NULL as the wParam?

From: Tom Serface on
This happens to me on all list controls (even ones that are in Explorer and
other applications). I think it is just one of the new improvements.

Tom

From: AliR (VC++ MVP) on
Doesn't happen to me!

AliR.