From: Hickory on
I have several shows created with PP 2003. They include an embedded .wav
music track. The .wav file was converted from .mp3 by adding a RIFF header
using CDex software. To embed the music track, I have tried both
1) Insert | Movies and Sounds | Sound from file... | find and select | and
click "Automatically" to start
and
2) Design | Slide Transition | Modify transition | Sound | Other sound |
find and select.

In all cases, regardless of which embed method I use and on which slide I
embed the music track, there is a 3 or 4 second delay before the music
actually starts. Different shows have different music files, but this always
happens. If I play a track in WMP, it starts immediately. Also, I have
looked at the wave form in two different sound editors and there is only a
small fraction of silence, if any, at the beginning. I have even edited the
track to remove all silence, although a fraction of a second might remain.

The slide's transition is usually "automatic after nn seconds". I have
looked at Custom Animation | Timing and Delay which is always 0 seconds.
There may be or not be other animations in the same slide.

I want the music to start immediately when the slide opens. What am I
missing or doing wrong? Your suggestions will be most sincerely appreciated.
From: Hickory on
I should have said in my initial post that the delay may be as much as 8
seconds -- very noticeable. Alos, I have downloaded PP shows from the
internet that have a music track embedded and the music starts immediately.
Again, thank you for your ideas.