From: jsevlie on
Hello all, I am using the FLVPlayback component in one of my movies
that displays on the home page of our web site. I've noticed that if I
populate the "contentPath" variable of the component through
Actionscript, the movie starts downloading the FLV file immediately.

However, I don't want it to start downloading until the user hits
"PLAY". If it starts downloading right away, it sucks up bandwidth
that I want used for getting other parts of the home page.

So, is there a way to either

1) Capture when the "PLAY" button is pressed without having the
contentPath set. I can use the following code when there's a path set:

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
listenerObject.stateChange = function(eventObject:Object):Void {
trace("State is " + eventObject.state);
}
my_FLVPlybk.addEventListener("stateChange", listenerObject);

However, if no path is set, I get an error like "1000: Unable to make
connection to server or to find FLV on server".

2) Stop the auto-download of the movie.

Any ideas? I can clarifiy if my explanation is confusing.

Thanks!