From: Hercules Karvasonis on
Hi.
I have a website and have a javascript menu and behind that a flash file.
I am using the wmode=trasnparent property for the Flash file and in Firefox
and Safari in Mac OS the menu goes below the flash file.
In windows it is displayed correctly.

Does anybody has the same problem and a good solution?

Thanks.

From: Rothrock on
Search the forums. You will find that WMODE is very buggy and doesn't work for all browsers on the PC either. There may be some other suggestions in those posts.
From: Tom Unger on
Hercules Karvasonis;
Often the browser being used is more important information than the OS.
Assuming you tested in explorer under windows, the symptom may well point to
your adding the wmode parameter to the object tag, but neglecting to add it
to the embed. That said, I also agree with Rothrock... -Tom Unger

From: Hercules Karvasonis on
Tom,
i used the wmode both in param and embed tags.
In windows it is working fine on both internet explorer and firefox.
The problem is only for FIrefox and Safari on Mac OS.

I would like to listen if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

From: Rothrock on
There really isn't any solution except to drop the WMODE. It is buggy and
causes lots of problems. Search the forums maybe some other folks with this
problem has posted what eventually worked for them. (But it won't be WMODE.)