From: Acf on
How can you delete safely, a program, that was downloaded by mistake,
and do to a virus, cannot remove
it in the normal way. E.G.Control panel, Add and Remove . When I try
to do it It comes up with
a Cannot remove without CD or installation disk. I never had a disk!

The Program... Micro.Net Framework 3.0 Service pack 2

Dell 8200 Winxp IE8 sp3

I have tried the microsoft route but I just got totally confused!
Sorry
for my ignorance.
From: Acf on
On Jun 27, 5:47 pm, Acf <acf...(a)zoominternet.net> wrote:
> How can you delete safely, a program,  that was downloaded by mistake,
> and do to a virus, cannot remove
> it in the normal way. E.G.Control panel, Add and Remove . When I try
> to do it It comes up with
> a Cannot remove without CD or installation disk. I  never had a disk!
>
> The Program... Micro.Net Framework 3.0 Service pack 2
>
> Dell 8200 Winxp IE8 sp3
>
> I have tried the microsoft route but I just got totally confused!
> Sorry
> for my ignorance.

The reason I need it deleted, is that Auto Update keeps trying to
update it, and it fails, and scools to
to fix it, because my compuert in in peril!
From: Christopher Muto on
Acf wrote:
> On Jun 27, 5:47 pm, Acf <acf...(a)zoominternet.net> wrote:
>> How can you delete safely, a program, that was downloaded by mistake,
>> and do to a virus, cannot remove
>> it in the normal way. E.G.Control panel, Add and Remove . When I try
>> to do it It comes up with
>> a Cannot remove without CD or installation disk. I never had a disk!
>>
>> The Program... Micro.Net Framework 3.0 Service pack 2
>>
>> Dell 8200 Winxp IE8 sp3
>>
>> I have tried the microsoft route but I just got totally confused!
>> Sorry
>> for my ignorance.
>
> The reason I need it deleted, is that Auto Update keeps trying to
> update it, and it fails, and scools to
> to fix it, because my compuert in in peril!

assuming you are talking about windows xp, vista, or 7.... use system
restore to bring you back to a point in time prior to the installation.
From: Hank Arnold on
If you know the name of the virus, you could research the major AV
sites for help.

You could try MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware program. Probably the best
uninstall program out there today. I would recommend you use the most
aggressive option they provide. Also, I would suggest trying to
uninstall from Safe Mode.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

From: Christopher Muto on
Christopher Muto wrote:
> Acf wrote:
>> On Jun 27, 5:47 pm, Acf <acf...(a)zoominternet.net> wrote:
>>> How can you delete safely, a program, that was downloaded by mistake,
>>> and do to a virus, cannot remove
>>> it in the normal way. E.G.Control panel, Add and Remove . When I try
>>> to do it It comes up with
>>> a Cannot remove without CD or installation disk. I never had a disk!
>>>
>>> The Program... Micro.Net Framework 3.0 Service pack 2
>>>
>>> Dell 8200 Winxp IE8 sp3
>>>
>>> I have tried the microsoft route but I just got totally confused!
>>> Sorry
>>> for my ignorance.
>>
>> The reason I need it deleted, is that Auto Update keeps trying to
>> update it, and it fails, and scools to
>> to fix it, because my compuert in in peril!
>
> assuming you are talking about windows xp, vista, or 7.... use system
> restore to bring you back to a point in time prior to the installation.

one other suggestion... the .net framework failed updates (and
constantly retrying) is a total nuisance and pretty common problem.
microsoft has a .net removal tool as do some bloggers and once .net
components are removed then if you can reinstall it along with all of
its update if you want.