From: Peter T on
sZip = "c:\path\myZip.zip"
sZippedFile = "\zippedPath\myFile.ext"

Rather in hope than expectation I tried
Kill sZip & sZippedFile

So how do I delete myFile.ext that's zipped in myZip.zip

TIA
Peter T

From: Nobody on
"Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
> sZip = "c:\path\myZip.zip"
> sZippedFile = "\zippedPath\myFile.ext"
>
> Rather in hope than expectation I tried
> Kill sZip & sZippedFile
>
> So how do I delete myFile.ext that's zipped in myZip.zip

See Info-Zip.

From: MikeD on

"Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
> sZip = "c:\path\myZip.zip"
> sZippedFile = "\zippedPath\myFile.ext"
>
> Rather in hope than expectation I tried
> Kill sZip & sZippedFile
>
> So how do I delete myFile.ext that's zipped in myZip.zip

I'm unclear what you're really asking. My best guess is that you want to
remove a file from a ZIP file. That's an entirely different thing than the
conventional "deleting a file". You're going to have to utilize some library
that lets you work with ZIP files. As "Nobody" mentioned, Info-Zip is a
free library you can use for this. Unfortunately, I don't remember any links
for it; otherwise, I'd provide them for you. Other than waiting for
additional replies (if anyone else does), you should probably just search
for this yourself.

--
Mike

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote:

>So how do I delete myFile.ext that's zipped in myZip.zip

Note that Winzip actually makes a copy of the zip file without the
deleted file and then deletes and renames the old file. Whether
utilities such as Info-zip work in a better fashion I have no idea.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Peter T on
Thanks all.

Tony,
>Note that Winzip actually makes a copy of the zip file without the deleted
>file and then deletes and renames the old file.

Makes sense but I wonder how Explorer does it, in effect appears to the user
almost like working with a normal set of folders and files.

Mike,
>My best guess is that you want to remove a file from a ZIP file. That's an
>entirely different thing than the conventional "deleting a file".

Yes, remove a file from a ZIP file

Nobody,
I've looked at the Info-Zip site, seems like a massive learning curve to
incorporate the relevant C source into VB, unless I'm missing something. I
suppose the simpler way would be to Shell, but I can't find the relevant exe
or even any instructions.

Ideally would much prefer not to have to distribute anything. I sort of feel
the objective should be simple but seems it isn't (:-

Regards,
Peter T