From: Bob on
I want to delete my pagefile and can not do
Chanding to no page file and rebooting does not delete the page file
tried everything , when I tried to delete it , it tell some other
program is using it
Tried deleting it in safe mode no good.
There must be a away to delete I can scan for it and it shows where it
is.
But I can not delete it.
Thanks
Bob
From: Leonard Grey on
The page file is part of the operating system and cannot be deleted.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Daave on
Bob wrote:
> I want to delete my pagefile and can not do
> Chanding to no page file and rebooting does not delete the page file
> tried everything , when I tried to delete it , it tell some other
> program is using it
> Tried deleting it in safe mode no good.
> There must be a away to delete I can scan for it and it shows where it
> is.
> But I can not delete it.
> Thanks
> Bob

Do you have reason to believe your pagefile is corrupted?

Directions to delete the pagefile follow:

(from http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php )

In the Virtual Memory settings, set to "No page file," then exit System
Properties, shut down the machine, and reboot. Delete PAGEFILE.SYS (on
each drive, if more than just C:), set the page file up again and reboot
to bring it into use.

Note the instruction to "set the page file up again and reboot to bring
it into use." :-) You really don't want to run long-term without one.
And do yourself a favor and selcect the System-Managed size.

If you are interested in *defragmenting* the pagefile, you should try
this program:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897426.aspx